The Student Chapter aims to facilitate the growth and development of NUS chemical engineering students to enable them to have the best foundation to fulfill their careers in the chemical engineering industry. This can be achieved in the following ways:
- Equipping students with knowledge and technical skills that are beyond what is taught in the classroom, through encouraging participation in conferences, workshops and competitions conducted by AIChE and other reputable organizations.
- Providing essential networking opportunities with industry representatives from the numerous fields in which chemical engineers play an integral role, to raise awareness on current industry trends such that students can equip themselves with industry-relevant skills.
- Exploring collaborations with industry, to expand on opportunities for industrial and research internships and job placements for chemical engineering students.
- Assisting students in the development of leadership, management and communication skills through active participation in the organization of student events and the student-mentorship programme.
- Giving back to the community by involving students in voluntary activities that address current social problems, such as environmental conservation and energy issues, using chemical engineering knowledge.